MAPS: See how your precinct voted on Issue 1 in Butler County

While Ohio rejected Issue 1 statewide in a special election on Aug. 8, Butler County voters narrowly supported the measure. Across the county, 50.3% voted in favor of the ballot measure, with 49.7% voting against it.

If passed, Issue 1 would have required signatures from all 88 counties to add issues to the ballot while also requiring a 60% majority to pass amendments to the state constitution. The measure would have had implications for the state’s November election this year, which has a ballot measure to create constitutional protection for abortion.

The special election led to high turnout in Butler County, where more than 35% of voters cast their ballots. See how your precinct voted below according to data from the Butler County Board of Elections.

Fast Facts

• Butler County was the most populous county to vote in support of Issue 1.

• The four precincts centered on Miami University’s campus had both the lowest voter turnout at less than 5% and the lowest support for Issue 1. Just one voter across the four precincts voted in support of the measure.

• The three precincts with the highest voter turnout were in Oxford and Oxford Township. Only one other precinct in the county surpassed 55% voter participation.

• No precinct in Oxford or Oxford Township voted in favor of Issue 1.

• Support for Issue 1 was strongest in Wayne Township, where every precinct voted at least 65% in support of the measure. Overall, 71% of voters in the township supported the measure.

• Although the Issue 1 ballot had almost 40,000 fewer voters than last year’s general election in November, almost four times as many people voted on this issue compared to the August 2022 primary election.

scottsr2@miamioh.edu

macylj@miamioh.edu

Trending