‘Bachelorette’ contender holds a rose and Miami connections

Warwick Reider, a contestant on the new season of “The Bachelorette,” holds multiple connections to Miami University.

Miami University has gone prime time.

Season 20 of popular dating reality show “The Bachelorette,” which aired its first episode on Monday, June 26, introduced viewers to Warwick Reider, one of 25 contestants competing for the affection of “Bachelor” alum Charity Lawson.

Reider, who currently lives in Nashville, Tennessee, has multiple connections to Miami and Oxford. According to Gossip Next Door, he graduated from the university in 2019 with a bachelor’s degree in sport and fitness administration / business management. In addition, his mother Noriko Reider is currently a professor at Miami, teaching Japanese.

In his first impression, Reider jokingly presented Lawson with a fake plane ticket to Oxford, explaining that his parents had originally met on a plane. At the end of the episode, Reider was awarded a rose, which allows him to continue onto the next round of competition.

New episodes of “The Bachelorette” air Monday nights, where Reider will hopefully continue to demonstrate Love & Honor to viewers, Lawson and his fellow contestants.

hollowrr@miamioh.edu

@HollowCentral