Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Dip

By no means am I an expert on cooking. I need printed recipes for anything more complicated than an omelet, I couldn't tell you the difference between a rib eye and a red eye and I consider any week in which I have ramen for dinner less than three times a success.

Don't get me wrong -- I love a good bowl of ramen. But, often my appetite and palate outweigh my laziness as a chef, and I find myself seeking out simple, but delicious recipes to whip up.

Lately, I've been turning to dips.

Dips are the quintessential communal eating experience. Whether at a wedding, a funeral, a barbecue or a birthday party, people of all backgrounds can come together at the dip station and share stories over a slathered chip or carrot stick.

Which brings me to my mom's fantastic buffalo chicken dip. It's only five ingredients and takes just 10 minutes of prep time, but the final product is a delectable creation, a molten concoction of spicy chicken and tangy sauce. This goopy dip is the perfect cornerstone to any afternoon spread -- it quickly became a favorite of my high school friends when we would congregate at my house to watch Bruins and Pats games.

So next time you're in need of a quick and easy surefire crowd pleaser, give this buff-chick dip a try.

Ingredients:

\0xBD cup crumbled blue cheese

\0xBD cup blue cheese dressing

8 oz. softened cream cheese

\0xBD cup of Frank's Red Hot Sauce

2 cups of cubed chicken

First, grab a rotisserie bird from Kroger, and get cubin'. Combine all the ingredients in a dish and mix them together. If you're looking for some extra pep in your step, or if you want to cool things down a bit, adjust the portion of Frank's accordingly.

Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 25 minutes. You're looking for brown spots on top and some bubbling.

Serve with celery sticks, carrots and your favorite crackers (Triscuits pair quite nicely).

Dig in, and enjoy!