Student Technology Advisory Committee looking for new members

IT Services

IT services provides an excellent platform for students to share their ideas, opinions and advice on Miami's technology services. It is called the Student Technology Advisory Committee (STAC). STAC is a platform where student members discuss the issues affecting the use of technology on campus, and how the technology services can be improved to provide a better technology environment for students. This is a great opportunity for students to help other students and Miami university. This IT Services advisory committee allows student members the opportunity to increase their knowledge of Miami technology and enhance their personal skills. Through questions and discussions between students and IT Services staff, better technology services can be provided to students.

During the 2009-10 school year, STAC contributed many successes including reviewed and offered input on the new Miami IT Services website, completed a smartphone pilot, voted and allocated funds to install additional outlets and a power cart for loaner laptops at King Library. Also participated in the pilot migration for student email from Exchange to muConnect Powered by Google.

If you would like to be a part of this exciting group, please visit www.muohio.edu/stac and sign-up now.

Trending