Crawford and other senior staff to take salary reduction

<p>Robin Parker will retire from Miami in January and will be replaced by newly hired Amy Shoemaker. </p>

Robin Parker will retire from Miami in January and will be replaced by newly hired Amy Shoemaker.

Miami University President Greg Crawford announced in an email to faculty on April 18 that he and other senior university administrators will take a voluntary pay reduction beginning May 1 in an effort to support students during the novel coronavirus pandemic.   

Crawford will take a 25 percent reduction from his $520,047 a year salary — a total of $130,011.75. Other senior officials will take a 10 percent reduction on their varying salaries. 

In the same email, Crawford wrote the refunds going to students will total $27 million. These funds will be in students’ RedHawk Refunds accounts by May 1. 

Ted Pickerill, Secretary to the Board of Trustees and Executive Assistant to President Crawford, wrote in an email to The Miami Student that those taking the salary cut include some of Crawford’s cabinet members and deans of various academic colleges.

In addition to these funds, Miami will be receiving about $6 million for students from the federal government as part of the CARES Act. 

“Miami has been assisting students throughout the coronavirus crisis to provide relief,” Pickerill wrote. “The Student Financial Assistance Office and the Dean of Students have been working together closely to provide emergency grants and assistance.”

Pickerill wrote students should contact One Stop with questions on how to access the incoming federal funds. 

bammeraj@miamioh.edu