Mellow playlists make waking up for 8 a.m. classes easier and more enjoyable
Published: Monday, August 20, 2012
Updated: Monday, August 20, 2012 22:08
Whether Miami University students like it or not, summer is now behind them. With the conclusion of summer brings the beginning of the new school year and everything that comes along with it: catching up with friends, starting new classes and waking up for those dreaded 8:00 am classes.
While waking up early is not easy, it is something that unfortunately still has to be done. Here are a couple of musical pick-me-ups to get your morning going.
While they are not for everyone, these oldies bring a specific point of view to the musical table. Starting with “Dear Prudence” and building in tempo through to Wham!’s classic “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go,” which many of us remember from Ben Stiller’s classic Zoolander, this playlist is the perfect way to start your day off with some old friends.
1. “Dear Prudence” The Beatles
2. “A Beautiful Morning” The Rascals
3. “Wake Up and Live” Bob Marley
4. “Here Comes the Sun” The Beatles
5. “500 Miles” The Proclaimers
6. “Walking On Sunshine” Katrina & the Waves
7. “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” Wham!
What better way to start off the school year than with some music you may not have heard of before? Waking up each morning can be made easier with some new and exciting music to listen to. Once again these are organized from slower to more upbeat songs in order to further ease the transition from waking up to beginning to actually functioning.
1. “How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep” Bombay Bicycle Club
2. “While You Were Sleeping” Elvis Perkins
3. “Hello Sunshine” Super Furry Animals
4. “Daylight” Matt & Kim
5. “Up, Up, Up” Givers
6. “Light & Day” The Polyphonic Spree
7. “You Only Live Once” The Strokes
Still another option is compiled from the top 40 hits from the 90s through now plus a few others by artists you have definitely heard of before. This option allows you to start your day with some familiar favorites that you can probably sing along to.
1. “Awake My Soul” Mumford & Sons
2. “Wake Up” Arcade Fire
3. “You Get What You Give” The New Radicals
4. “Sleepyhead” Passion Pit
5. “Beautiful Day” U2
6. “Every Morning” Sugar Ray
7. “Red Morning Light” Kings of Leon
8. “Tik Tok” Ke$ha