Tech Tip | Printing from Your Computer is a Snap
Printing to a campus pay-for-print printer from your own desktop or laptop computer is easy with Miami uPrint. This service allows you to configure your Windows or MacOS computer to access printers across the campus.
IT Help, Miami's technology knowledge base, has instructions for configuring Windows and MacOS computers, as well as a list of the available printers by campus.
After the uPrint application is installed on your computer, and the desired printer is added, simply use your computer's printer selection functionality when you print and then swipe your ID as you normally would at the Pay-for-Print station to release your print job. You only need to install the printer once, and your print jobs will stay in the print queue for two hours.
Note: To be able to use the uPrint service over the wireless network, you will need to set your computer for MU-WIRELESS using 802.1x
Student Tech Fee Deadline Approaching
A pool of funds from the Student Technology Fee is available to stimulate the development of student-focused technology projects on the Oxford campus. A total of $525,000 is available, and any student, faculty or staff member may apply for funding. The deadline for proposals is Friday, February 8, 2011.
Guidelines for preparing proposals, the current application form and general information on the Tech Fee can be found on the Tech Fee web site.
The Tech Fee was instituted in FY07 and generates approximately $3 million annually. These funds are used to support student technology and are managed by the division of IT Services.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...