By Staff

Urine, Ur'out': Peeing man kicked out of bar

At 12:43 a.m. Wednesday, an OPD officer was dispatched to Brick Street Bar & Grille, 36 E. High St., in response to a report of an uncooperative male.

When officers arrived, bar employees said the male in question was seen urinating inside the bar patio by another patron who complained to staff.

When employees told the Miami University first-year to stop and leave, he refused and was forcibly removed. Once outside the bar, the male resumed urinating on the patio, now from the sidewalk, and staff told the suspect if he did not leave they would call the police.

The male responded by yelling, "f**ck the police" and continued urinating. An employee restrained him until the officer arrived. When the officer asked the male for his ID, he presented a Maryland driver's license that indicated he was under the age of 21. The male was unsteady on his feet, wore an over 21 wristband and reeked of alcohol, the officer said.

When asked how much alcohol he had consumed, the male said he was sober. He quickly admitted to having consumed alcohol inside the bar. The officer noticed another license inside the male's wallet and asked for it. The Illinois driver's license made the suspect over the age of 21. The male said he had no idea how it got in his wallet.

He was taken to OPD where he began to vomit. The male continued vomiting and asked to be taken to the hospital. He charged with sales to and use by underage persons, criminal trespass and disorderly conduct: public intoxication. He was taken to McCullough- Hyde Hospital.

Oxford police say arrest was 'warranted'

At 1:31 a.m. Thursday, two OPD officers were driving west on College Corner Pike when they noticed a male sneaking through a hole in a fence around an apartment building. The officers stopped the male and asked where he was going at such an hour. He said he was on his way to his friend's house.

When asked for ID, the male said he did not have one, but officers noticed a chain attached to his pants, seemingly leading to a wallet. They asked to see it.

The search did not yield an ID, however, the male provided his name and the officers ran it through their database. The search returned several active warrants for the male's arrest and when the officers informed him of this, the male began to run.

He was caught, arrested, and upon a search, the officers found two white pills and a small amount of marijuana. When asked about the pills, the male said they were Vicodin, which a lab test confirmed. The male was charged for resisting arrest, drug abuse and drug abuse; marijuana. He was transported to Butler County Jail.

By Staff