Police Beat (01/18/13)
OPD arrests female for probation violation
Tuesday around 5:12 p.m. an Oxford Police Department (OPD) officer scanned a license plate on a red 1998 Dodge van that was parked at 5201 College Corner Pike. The officer found the owner of the car, Melinda Alexander of College Corner, had a warrant out for her arrest, according to OPD. The officer confirmed with the dispatcher the correct information of the warrant and then approached her. He confirmed Alexander's identity and the probation violation warrant for Montgomery County. Alexander was taken into custody and transported to the Butler County Jail, according to OPD.
Police officer searches for missing stop sign
Tuesday around 11:45 a.m. an OPD officer was dispatched to the intersection of East Withrow Street and University Avenue regarding a missing stop sign. When the officer arrived, he noticed the sign and post were gone. He followed scratch marks on the east side of the sidewalk just north of East Vine Street intersection. The scratch marks stopped next to 230 E. Vine St. The officer checked the property and did not find anything. The Oxford Street Department has replaced the stop sign and post.
Suspicious male and purse leads to arrest
Tuesday around 1:30 a.m., two OPD officers were traveling east in the 100 block of West Walnut when they observed a male bending over in the alley next to 115 W. Walnut St. The officers circled the block, and when they returned the male subject was gone. There was a large blue purse left where the male had been standing. One officer walked towards the house while the other walked towards the alley. They heard someone in the bushes of the house and one officer discovered the male subject standing next to the house. When the officers asked what he had been doing, the subject said his girlfriend had fallen. He was asked about the purse and said it belonged to his girlfriend. A female appeared and stated the purse was hers. One of the officers detected a strong odor of alcohol on female subject's breath. The purse contained a fake identification. The suspect, Miami University first-year Kendall Schlim, was charged with sales to and use by underage persons and for certain acts prohibited, according to OPD. After Schlim was cited at OPD she was released to her boyfriend, according to OPD.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest