'Ask Archie' administrator under investigation following alleged violations of university policy
Archie Nelson, a familiar face for Miami University's regional campuses, is currently on leave following allegations that he violated university policy.
"He is on paid administrative leave for allegations from another employee that he violated university policy," Claire Wagner, associate director of university communications said.
Nelson, regional director of admission and financial aid, was featured in the regional campuses' advertising campaign "Ask Archie" for the past few years until September, according to Wagner.
The process for situations includes an investigation, appeal and hearing, Wagner said.
"We're within that whole process right now," Wagner said.
The Office of Equity and Equal Opportunity is carrying out the investigation, she said.
Wagner said the investigation and the following steps may take several weeks to complete.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age