By Staff

Man drinks, pleads fifth

At 2:13 a.m. Wednesday, an OPD officer reported to Brick Street Bar & Grille, 36 E. High St, in response to a male who refused to leave.

The male was standing near the High Street entrance when the officer asked his name. He responded, "I plead the fifth."

When the officer asked him to leave, he nearly fell over and said he was "fine."

The officer noticed the male smelled of liquor and wore an over 21 wristband. He was placed in handcuffs and the officer located his wallet within his pants pocket.

Inside, the officer found an over 21 Ohio driver's license bearing a photo that did not match the male and an under 21 Illinois driver's license that did match the male.

He was taken to OPD and charged with sales to and use by underage persons and certain acts prohibited.

Drink spills into fight

At 3:05 a.m. Wednesday, an OPD officer responded to McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital to take a report of a fight that had occurred early that morning at Brick Street.

The victim said he was on the patio of Brick Street when three males approached him. One man spilled his drink on the male. The victim told the spiller to be more careful, and, in response, the spiller punched the male in the face.

The other males proceeded to strike the victim and brought him to the ground. A bar employee told the aggressive males to leave the bar, which they did, and the victim went to the hospital to be treated for his injuries. The officer taking the report then went to Brick Street to ask the owner if they could view the footage of the incident, but the owner refused them entry into his office. The OPD is still seeking information about the suspects.

By Staff