By Staff
On December 3, 2013

Two underage females lead to McDouble arrest

At 1:23 a.m. Wednesday, an OPD officer driving east on West Spring Street saw a female running in the road. The officer asked the girl if she was alright, to which she responded, "Fine, McDonalds."

The officer asked the girl to stop, and offered her a ride to McDonalds. She got into the cruiser and once she and the officer arrived at McDonalds, the officer noticed the girl smelled of alcohol. He asked the female for her ID.

The female presented a fictitious New York license, and later a real California ID. During the transaction, the officer noticed the girl had a bruise on her face, and decided to take her to the ER.

When in the ER, one of the girl's friends arrived. She was covered in mud and was wearing a bar wristband. When asked for an ID, the girl presented the officer an expired Ohio license, which did not belong to her. The female said she did not have another ID, but gave her information to the officer.

Both females were charged with sales to and use by underage persons and certain acts prohibited. They were taken to Butler County Jail.

Headlocks, busted door locks, now locked in jail

At 3:15 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26, OPD officers responded to a report of burglary in the 100 block of N. University Ave. The residents claimed a male had broken into the house, which woke them up, and was currently in their living room.

One resident put the male in a headlock and the other tried to find his wallet to identify him. Suddenly, three males broke down the front door, which was locked, and began to fight the residents. Once the alleged intruder was freed, the foursome ran out the front door.

The front door and a wall had been damaged and the residents stated they wished to press charges and claimed they could identify the males if they saw them again. The residents thought the males lived at a house to the north, OPD said.

When officers arrived at the house in question, they heard several males discussing a fight. When the officers knocked, one male came outside and claimed he had not been in a fight that night, but that one of his housemates had been, OPD said.

The officers asked to speak with the other housemates and asked them if they would go to the other house so the residents could try to identify them. Once the residents saw the males, they said the group was definitely that which had come into their house.

The males were transported to OPD for further questioning whereupon they claimed they entered the house after seeing their friend being restrained. The males denied breaking the door down and insisted that it was already open when they arrived and that they had only pushed the residents off of their friend to free him. The males were charged with aggravated burglary and taken to Butler County Jail.

By Staff