By Staff

Unknown suspect robs  and attacks male victim

Saturday 1:15 a.m., a male student on the corner of College Avenue and Vine Street was struck repeatedly, according to the Oxford Police Department (OPD). He was robbed of his wallet, cash, credit cards and iPhone. The victim suffered a large contusion to his right eye, swelling on the right side of his head, a laceration on the inside of his lip and an orbital fracture in his skull. No weapons were reported and there are still no suspects at this time, according to OPD. If you have more information on this crime please contact OPD at 524-5240.

First-year runs from police multiple times

Sunday, approximately 1:15 a.m., an OPD officer observed first-year Paul Joseph lying on the ground vomiting in an alleyway between Poplar Street and Campus Avenue. The officer approached Joseph who abruptly got up from the ground and began to sprint north on Poplar. The officer followed the suspect in his cruiser while he continued to run. He fell a number of times before tiring to a walk. The officer approached Joseph in his cruiser and asked why he was running. Joseph's speech was slow, he was unsteady on his feet, and the officer detected an odor of alcoholic beverage on his breath, according to OPD. Joseph took off running a second time when the officer asked about the ID he had presented, which was later found to be a false driver's license. The pursuit ended in the backyard of 320 N. Poplar St where Joseph fell on the pavement and smacked his face. Joseph resisted before being placed in handcuffs. He was charged with sales to and use by underage persons and resisting arrest, according to OPD.

Graduate student fails driver field sobriety test

Friday around 2:15 a.m., an OPD officer observed a vehicle disregard a steady red light at the corner of High Street and Main Street. The car turned right onto Main Street, and continued to travel southbound before stopping at a stop sign. The vehicle was stopped on the 300 block of South Main. The driver, later identified as graduate student Joshua Richardson, had a difficult time removing his ID from his wallet. Richardson was asked to exit the vehicle. When leaving his vehicle, Richardson's wallet fell on the ground, but he did not notice until the officer pointed it out to him. After performing a series of field sobriety tests and submitting a breath sample of .14 BAC, Richardson was placed under arrest, according to OPD. He was charged with operating vehicle under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs, according to OPD.

By Staff