Willie Moore suspended
Sophomore guard Willie Moore has been suspended for nine games by the NCAA for a violation that occurred before Moore came to Miami University.
Moore was granted immediate eligibility by the NCAA after transferring from Oregon University.
"It's a tough situation, and we accept the decisions that the NCAA made on this," head coach John Cooper said in a statement. "Willie has made a positive impact on our program and has been an upstanding young man since arriving on our campus. It's been a tough situation for him with the transfer process and some family matters. He is a part of our family and we treat him as such. No team is made up of one player and we will work hard to step up to the expectations and play as a team. Willie will continue to practice with us, and we look forward to his return to game competition once he is permitted to compete."
According to a report from Campus Insiders, Moore was suspended for selling team-issued Nike basketball shoes.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit