Police Beat (03/01/13)
Litter violation alerts OPD to liquor in car
At 10:51 p.m. Tuesday, an OPD officer was dispatched to 17 N. Poplar St. in response to a person throwing a liquor bottle onto the street from a motor vehicle.
The officer saw a 40-ounce empty bottle of King Cobra malt liquor in the gutter and quickly located the vehicle, which was parked outside The Wood's. Three suspects were in the vehicle and two were charged with multiple citations, according to OPD. The officer observed two more bottles of Keystone Light beer and a bottle of King Cobra inside the vehicle, according to OPD.
The first subject was identified as Tyler Presley, 20 years of age of Brookville, Ind., according to OPD. When the officer ran the license, he found that Presley's license was suspended. The second subject, Robert Owen Markland III, only 19 years of age of Brookville, Ind., was also identified. Markland had slurred speech and an odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath, according to OPD. Presley was cited with sales to and use by underage persons, open container in a motor vehicle and driving under suspension, according to OPD. Markland was cited with open container in a motor vehicle and sales to and use by underage persons, according to OPD.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest