Academic affairs VP Bobby Gempesaw to leave MU
Provost and Executive Vice President for academic affairs Bobby Gempesaw announced yesterday that he will be resigning July 1 to accept the position of president at St. John's University in New York City.
"While I am deeply honored to be appointed as the first lay president of one of the nation's largest Catholic universities, I feel intense sadness about leaving Miami and those with whom I have had the privilege of working during my term as provost," Gempesaw wrote in an email to all faculty yesterday morning.
Since arriving at Miami in May 2011, Gempesaw has been involved in a number of different initiatives including the development of the Miami 2020 strategic plan, the establishment of the new winter term and the Miami Plan redesign, among others. President David Hodge lauded his leadership through this time of transition.
"Bobby has provided extraordinary forward-looking leadership through a time of great change in higher education and certainly at Miami. We are grateful for the momentum he has created. We will miss him greatly, but wish him every success as he takes on this historic appointment," Hodge said in a university press release.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age