Police Beat (02/12/13)
Male steps through two apartment ceilings
At 10:37 p.m. Friday officers responded to 1007 Arrowhead Dr. Apt. 9B after a foot erupted through a third-floor unit's ceiling. The foot was attached to Jeffrey Scott, 21 years old of Oxford, who had been using a vacant third floor apartment to shower after his unit lost hot water, according to OPD. He had suitable permission to do so. After that shower also proved cold, an intoxicated Scott clothed himself and climbed into the attic to follow the hot water line, according to OPD.
In the dark attic without a flashlight, Scott missed a truss and stepped through the ceiling. His jeans and boot were visible to a startled Miami graduate student in unit 9B. Attempting to return to his borrowed unit, Scott again stepped through the ceiling, this time into unit 10B, occupied by a Miami senior. Scott's foot collided with a floor lamp and knocked out the bulb, plunging the room into darkness.
Scott returned to the bathroom and took his shower. He was later identified exiting the laundry room, partly by his boot and pant, according to OPD. He did not appear dirty, but had a rancid tank top stuffed in his pocket and readily admitted to being intoxicated, according to OPD. He was charged with criminal trespassing and criminal mischief, according to OPD. He admitted to falling though the ceiling on two occasions, according to OPD.
Male student throws open container in yard
At 12:13 a.m. Friday, an officer observed a white male pitch his cup into a lawn and continue walking on 200 block of N. Beech St, according to OPD. The officer retrieved the cup and found that it contained alcohol, according to OPD.
The suspect was confronted and identified as Miami University first-year Taylor Graham of San Francisco, Calif., according to OPD. He also possessed a fictitious Pennsylvania driver license bearing his picture, according to OPD.
Graham was charged with sales to and use by underage persons, certain acts prohibited, open container prohibited and littering, according to OPD. He was released.
Officer finds shoeless first-year in parking lot
At 3:25 a.m. Saturday, officers responded to 728 Daniel Dr. after a resident reported a male knocking on her front and back door. She had heard voices on her patio and porch. After a brief search of the area, the male was found shoeless in the parking lot of Oxford Lanes, according to OPD. When asked if he had been drinking, first-year Stephen Beuke responded, "a little," according to OPD.
He was taken to OPD where a fictitious New York driver license bearing his picture was found, according to OPD. Beuke was charged with sales to and use by underage persons, certain acts prohibited, disorderly conduct and intoxication, according to OPD.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?