Tyman and Bata win election
Seniors Cole Tyman and Natalie Bata won the Miami University Student Body Elections Thursday, April 10. The slate needed at least 50.01 percent of the vote to win and earned 59.29 percent of the 2,992 votes students cast in the two-day election. The Hees&Ryan and Kohan&Barth tickets earned 21 percent and 20 percent of the votes respectively.
New Student Body Vice President Natalie Bata said she was overwhelmed with excitement about the win.
"I just want to thank my friends and supporters, as well as my sorority sisters," Bata said. "They all did a wonderful job helping me in the campaign. I'm very excited to be the student's voice and I hope to represent Miami well and make effective changes."
According to former vice president Courtney Bernard, the elections committee was impressed by the professionalism and effort displayed by all candidates.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit