By Staff

Suspects steal snacks and items from Walmart

Oct. 31 at 6 p.m., an off-duty Colerain Officer noticed a white male with a bag of merchandise acting suspicious by a dumpster next to the Verizon Store on College Corner Pike. Oxford Police arrived on scene and made contact with the suspects, Andrew Scott Crank of Oxford and Michelle Johnson of Trenton, according to OPD. Crank had a federal criminal warrant from the Hamilton Police Department and Johnson had a federal warrant for criminal trespass out of the OPD, according to OPD. The bag of merchandise contained a Sony PS3 remote, four packages of decorative automotive interior LED lights, seven PS3 games, two Hershey's Crème Pie Wedges, a Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich and a container of Macaroni and Cheese. The officer asked Crank to explain the bag. Crank said a man named Mike Jones called him to meet him in the parking lot and pay $110 for the merchandise. The officer asked why he was behind a dumpster, and Crank said he wasn't sure if the merchandise was stolen. Crank denied being in Walmart and both subjects were placed under arrest for their warrants. At the OPD, the female said she was inside Walmart but Crank was not with her. The Walmart manager valued the stolen goods to be $233. According to Walmart surveillance video, both subjects were in the store. Johnson told officers it was Crank's birthday and he needed money. She was not sure if the merchandise was paid for because they did not leave together. Both were charged with theft and trespass, according to OPD.

Female refuses arrest at Brickstreet Bar and Grill

Oct. 31. at 12:59 a.m., the Oxford Police Department (OPD) and Oxford Life Squad were sent to Brickstreet Bar and Grill in response to a report about a highly intoxicated female. The female kept trying to stand up, but couldn't do it alone, according to OPD. When OPD asked for her name and date of birth, she identified herself as Devin Harry. She was then transported to McCullough Hyde Memorial Hospital. The female became uncooperative with staff and refused treatment. The staff offered to help the female but she continued to refuse, according to OPD. Harry was then taken to the Oxford Police Department and cited for underage intoxication, disorderly conduct and public intoxication. She was released into the custody of her friends.

Male student lies about setting love seat on fire

Sunday 12:16 a.m., The Oxford Police Department (OPD) responded to 212 S. Poplar St. in reference to a couch on fire on the lawn of the residence. When officers arrived they observed a love seat in flames situated upside-down in a fire pit. The officers knocked on the front door of the residence and were greeted by Miami Senior Daniel Ohlemacher who was standing in the foyer with boxes of beers in hand. Officers detected a strong odor of alcoholic beverage on his breath, and Ohlemacher told officers that there had been a group of people drinking there earlier. Ohlemacher initially told officers he was not responsible for the fire but later admitted he was, according to OPD. Ohlemacher changed his story a third time as the officer was writing him a citation, and asked to file his own report. Ohlemacher was cited for Open Burning, according to OPD.

By Staff