By Staff

Sauce calls for tomatoes, salt,  basil, can of tobacco 

At 11 p.m. Tuesday, April 8, the manager of Bruno's Pizza, 31 E. High St., arrived to find two employees staring contemplatively into a bucket of pizza sauce. When asked why they were doing so, the employees said a juvenile employee had dumped a can of tobacco into the sauce, according to OPD.

The juvenile, who was fired the next day, admitted to having done so on a dare. Officers were dispatched to escort the juvenile employee from the premises. The investigation is continuing and charges are forthcoming, OPD said.

Man doesn't get by with a little help from friend

At 1:24 a.m. Friday, two OPD officers were on foot patrol near the intersection of Poplar and Church Street when one noticed a male holding a clear plastic cup containing an orange liquid and brown swizzle stick. The male stood with two others in the southeast corner of the intersection when officers approached.

The officer identified the drink as "typical" of mixed drinks from a bar. When the officer approached the young-looking suspect to ask for ID, a second male threw his hand between the two. He said the cup was his, and he would take all charges. The interjecting male smelled of alcohol, according to OPD, and looked as young as did the primary suspect. The male was insistent the officer charge him, not the friend holding "his" cup. When asked for ID, the male sloppily opened his wallet, allowing the officer to see a second driver's license, which was later found to be fictitious. The first-year male with the cup was cited for open container and sales to and use by underage persons. The first-year who intervened was determined to be intoxicated and was charged with sales to and use by underage persons and certain acts prohibited.

Tres-pass me the ball: Man intrudes premises

At 4:48 p.m. Thursday, OPD officers responded to the Level 27 apartment complex, 3770 Southpointe Pkwy., in reference to an unwanted male on the premises. The 23-year-old man in question was on the basketball court when officers arrived and had been previously served a no trespass order by Level 27 property management, OPD said. When confronted by the officer, the suspect said he believed his no trespass order applied only to the apartment buildings, not the basketball court. He said he was invited by two other friends to shoot hoops that day. The property manager pulled the no trespass order served on March 20 and noted the entire property was included. The manager requested OPD cite the suspect with criminal trespass and remove him from the premises. OPD obliged, and returned the suspect to his residence on Arrowhead Drive.

By Staff