By Staff

Cops follow the yellow 'slick' road, find wreck

Around 2 a.m. Friday, a group of pedestrians flagged down an OPD officer in the 200 block of N. Poplar St. to report a traffic crash. The group said they heard the screech of tires and a loud crash or impact noise.

Officers were able to follow a winding trail of telltale automotive fluid leading to a car in the 200 block of E. Sycamore St. Witnesses said a male on the scene had been driving the vehicle at the time of the crash.

An officer spoke with the male and noted a stench of alcohol slipped out from his slurred speech. When asked, he admitted to consuming alcohol earlier in the night. The officer arrested the male under suspicion of OVI. The male refused the breath test offered him and was charged with OVI and stopping after an accident.

Dolla', dolla', bill y'all: Cop makes it rain...justice 

Around 6 a.m. Friday, a concerned motorist called OPD to report an unscrupulous pedestrian he had driven past near West Chestnut Street and South College Avenue.

The motorist said he saw a male staggering down the middle of the street flashing wads of money and shouting at cars. When the officer arrived, he found the white male waving a dollar bill at him in the 300 block of W. Chestnut St.

After speaking with the male, the officer presumed him to be intoxicated and could smell booze on his breath. According to OPD, the male begged the officer for a ride home. The male was charged with sales to and use by underage persons. He was returned to his residence.

J-walk yourself to jail: Cop finds man drunk

At 12:41 a.m. Sunday, an OPD officer was on foot when he said he observed a male crossing the street at the northeast corner of Poplar and High Streets, despite a green light for oncoming traffic.

The male dodged in front of an eastbound vehicle, and then another. The second vehicle had to brake suddenly to avoid hitting the human leapfrog. The officer stopped the male and confirmed he was both intoxicated and under the age of 21.

Aside from obtaining his actual driver's license, the officer also found a license that did not belong to the male. The suspect was charged with sales to and use by underage persons, certain acts prohibited and a pedestrian control signal violation.

By Staff