Send-off week salutes seniors' success
Starting this week, the Miami University Student Foundation (MUSF) is hosting Senior Send-Off, a week dedicated to MU seniors in all their glory.
"One of the main things we do at MUSF is fundraising for students of past, present and future," junior and co-vice president of MUSF Trevor Jordan said. "One of the present parts: Senior Send-Off week is about reciprocating back to the students all the hard work they have done over the last four years."
MUSF kicked off the week with Ice Cream Monday, handing out sweet treats at the Hub. Today, seniors are invited to give back for their success during Thankful Tuesday. Students can stop by the Armstrong Student Center and the Hub all day to send a note to the professors and mentors who made Miami memorable for them.
Next Monday, May 5, is "Wieners for Seniors," where members of MUSF will be handing out free hot dogs at the Phi Delt gates to all seniors passing through.
To end the week, there will be a final event called "Senior Sign-Off" Wednesday, May 7, in which students of the class of 2014 are encouraged to stop by Slant Walk and sign their class banner. There will also be free giveaways.
The events are directed primarily toward the senior class, Jordan said, but MUSF is also promoting an activity for the entire student body at Miami.
"This is meant for everyone," Jordan said, referring to MUSF's #HiddenMU Instagram Contest. "Students can send in an Instagram picture and tag our Instagram account @MUSF1809, and the person with the most original 'likes' by May 9 will be picked."
The students with the top three most-liked pictures will be awarded gift cards of $75, $45 and $15, respective to their photo's ranking.
Jordan encouraged all students to participate in MUSF's interactive social media activity.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?