Send-off week salutes seniors' success

By James Steinbauer and Emily C. Tate

Starting this week, the Miami University Student Foundation (MUSF) is hosting Senior Send-Off, a week dedicated to MU seniors in all their glory.

"One of the main things we do at MUSF is fundraising for students of past, present and future," junior and co-vice president of MUSF Trevor Jordan said. "One of the present parts: Senior Send-Off week is about reciprocating back to the students all the hard work they have done over the last four years."

MUSF kicked off the week with Ice Cream Monday, handing out sweet treats at the Hub. Today, seniors are invited to give back for their success during Thankful Tuesday. Students can stop by the Armstrong Student Center and the Hub all day to send a note to the professors and mentors who made Miami memorable for them.

Next Monday, May 5, is "Wieners for Seniors," where members of MUSF will be handing out free hot dogs at the Phi Delt gates to all seniors passing through.

To end the week, there will be a final event called "Senior Sign-Off" Wednesday, May 7, in which students of the class of 2014 are encouraged to stop by Slant Walk and sign their class banner. There will also be free giveaways.

The events are directed primarily toward the senior class, Jordan said, but MUSF is also promoting an activity for the entire student body at Miami.

"This is meant for everyone," Jordan said, referring to MUSF's #HiddenMU Instagram Contest. "Students can send in an Instagram picture and tag our Instagram account @MUSF1809, and the person with the most original 'likes' by May 9 will be picked."

The students with the top three most-liked pictures will be awarded gift cards of $75, $45 and $15, respective to their photo's ranking.

Jordan encouraged all students to participate in MUSF's interactive social media activity.