This is a satirical piece.
32 Range Rover pileup, cracked iPhones total $3 million in damages
In the Sunday afternoon move-in panic, a vehicle traveling south on South Main Street executed a U-turn, which resulted in a 32 Range Rover pileup. The initial Range Rover was attempting to secure the only available parking space in a two-mile radius, authorities said.
"My baby!" Miami junior Ida Hoe screamed as she fell to her knees and ripped out clumps of blonde hair, looking at a scratch on her glossy black 2014 L. L. Bean edition Range Rover.
Initial reports indicate 31 out of the 32 drivers were texting at the time. The remaining driver was sending a Snapchat, which is now in a Butler County circuit court evidence file.
The accident resulted in minor body damage to all 32 Range Rovers and five cracked iPhone 5s screens. The damage is estimated upwards of $3 million.
Verizon telecommunications reported its network temporarily crashed when all 32 drivers simultaneously attempted to call their fathers.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?