Police Beat (04/01/14)
The most thrilling police beat of the century
At 10:30 p.m. Friday, an OPD officer initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle for an equipment violation.
The driver was found to have an active warrant through the Butler County Sherriff's Office.
The warrant was confirmed and the male was taken into custody. He was transported to the Butler County Jail and turned over to their custody.
Out of the frying pan, into the garbage fire
Thursday evening, an OPD officer was dispatched to Hunter Woods Drive in response to a fire that was beginning to spread.
OPD spoke with the man housesitting at the Hunter Woods Drive home were the fire took place.
According to the housesitter, his son walked outside and saw the trash was on fire and the flames were spreading and he immediately told his dad. The mother called the fire department.
A Rumpke recycling bin and black bin were the only items damaged. Firemen were able to extinguish the fire. Its origin is unknown.
Sneaky squatters are spotted sprinkling pee
At 4:30 p.m. Thursday, an OPD officer was assisting two other officers when he observed two squatting females in an alley behind the Beta Theta Pi house.
When one suspect saw the officer, she immediately whipped around.
The second female was pulling up her pants and desperately grabbed a nearly-full can of Natural Light beer.
The officer approached the beer-toting female and determined she was only 20 years old.
He observed a suspicious puddle beside the female, which he surmised was, indeed, urine.
The female quickly became apologetic and explained that the bathroom line at a party she was attending was too long. She said the beer was not hers and she was holding it for someone else.
As she spoke, the officer detected a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage omitting from her breath. She was then cited with offenses involving underage persons and open container.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...