By Staff

Drunk girl decides to nap in police station

At 1:30 p.m. Friday, an OPD officer walked into the OPD lobby and noticed a female sitting in one of the plastic chairs hunched over, cradling her head between her knees.

The officer asked the female if she was OK. Eerily, she remained silent and her head hung lower. Eventually, the officer was able to rouse female and identify her.

After speaking with the suspect, the officer surmised the female was lost and did not mean to enter into the police station lobby. The female was barely responsive and reeked of booze, according to OPD.

She was cited for sales to and use by underage persons and released to her boyfriend who had come to meet her in the lobby.

Help! I've fallen and I can't get sober

At 2:15 a.m. Friday, OPD officers responded to Bruno's Pizza, 31 E. High St., in response to a report of a male who refused to leave the establishment.

While en route, officers received an urgent communiqué from dispatch indicating the male had left Bruno's and was now engaged in an argument on the sidewalk with another individual.

Upon arrival, officers found the male lying unconscious on the sidewalk. It was revealed that before officers' arrival, the male had stumbled, fallen and hit his head on the concrete sidewalk.

Officers called life squad since the male was completely unresponsive.

The Oxford Life Squad took over care of the male while OPD officers spoke with witnesses who said the male had not been assaulted but rather looked up, fell backwards, and hit his head on the ground.

To everyone's shock, the suspect was found to be highly intoxicated. He later admitted to consuming alcohol that night. He was then taken to McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital, where he was cited with sales to and use by underage persons.

For my next trick, I'll be taken to jail!

Around 3 p.m. Sunday, OPD officers were dispatched to 35 E. High St., in reference to a disorderly female.

The young-looking female was identified as being 20 years old. As the officer attempted to handcuff her, the female continued to pull away and kick the officer in his kneecaps.

Once finally handcuffed, the female was taken to OPD. Throughout the booking process, the petite Houdini attempted to slip from her handcuffs. She was ferocious and combative.

Officers also discovered a fictitious Maryland driver's license on her person during booking. The female was cited for assault, resisting arrest, obstructing official business, offenses involving underage persons and prohibitions.

By Staff