By Staff

Man cited after exiting women's restroom

At 2:02 a.m. Friday, an OPD officer was inside Skyline Chili, 1 E. High St., when he saw a man exit the women's bathroom. According to the officer, the male appeared intoxicated and wore a 21 and up bar wristband. As he walked past, the officer encountered a powerful smell of alcoholic beverage.

The male said he was 21, and presented an Ohio driver's license bearing his likeness confirming that age. The male later handed the officer a different Ohio driver's license with another matching picture, same information, but bearing a different birthdate, making him 20 years old.

The officer asked if the first ID was fictitious, and the suspect said it was. He was cited for sales to and use by underage persons, certain acts prohibited and disorderly conduct: intoxication.

Car stops at green light, plenty of green inside

At 2:06 a.m. Saturday, an OPD officer was parked in his cruiser, measuring the speed of passing cars when a vehicle drove past, traveling down the yellow line in the center of the road. The officer believed the car to be exceeding the posted limit and began to follow the car.

While following the vehicle, the officer said he saw it weave across the center line twice. When the car came to a stop at a green light, the officer executed a traffic stop. The officer asked the female driver for her license and registration, but she was unable to provide either, according to OPD. She said the vehicle belonged to her male passenger. The passenger retrieved the registration and said the car belonged to his mother, who was away.

Upon further questioning, it was discovered the female possessed neither a driver's license nor even a learner's permit. The male told the officer he had let her drive the car in an attempt to "impress her." The male passenger consented to a search of the vehicle.

The officer promptly found two glass pipes in the center console, both of which contained marijuana resin, according to OPD.

The male passenger and a second male in the back seat said the pipes were theirs. Additional marijuana was found on one of the juvenile males. The latter was cited for possession of a controlled substance, and the former for marijuana
drug paraphernalia. 

All of the juvenile subjects were taken to OPD, cited and released to their parents.

By Staff