ASG heard a report from Nancy Heidman
Associated Student Government heard a report from Nancy Heidman senior director of dining, culinary and support at their meeting on Dec. 4.
Heidman opened her report by stating that Miami University Dining Services will not be implementing a food price increase next semester.
Dining Services was considering an increase in price because of the higher food costs caused by the drought.
"Students budget when you buy your meal plans and we will find other ways to find the savings without passing that burden onto you," Heidman said.
Heidman and Executive Chef for Dining Services Eric Yung discussed the menu for MapleStreet Station. The new dining hall will include Pacific Rim and South and Central America themed restaurants as well as an all-day breakfast operation, a gourmet burger stand, a Jewish-American deli, a patisserie and a pizza restaurant.
Heidman also talked about the new sustainability efforts that will be put in place at MapleStreet Station, Armstrong Student Center (ASC) and Western Dining Commons.
Heidman said Dining Services will take the waste food from each operation and turn it into a mulch that they will sell.
In addition, Brian Woodruff director of housing contracts and meal plans said Etheridge Hall, Maplestreet and Bishop Hall will all be open in Fall 2013, while Anderson Hall and McFarland Hall will be closed due to renovation.
ASG also reported student concerns such as shorter parking meter times, parking garage efficiency and difficulty using the online room scheduling system.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest