By Staff

Female claims trailer turned into drug den

At 3:45 p.m. Monday, OPD officers responded to College Corner Mobile Home Park in reference to a theft.

The complainant claimed to have once lived in a rented unit before her electricity was shut off by the power company in August because she had failed to pay her bill. She then left that unit and found another residence. However, she claimed she would occasionally return to the first unit to "check up" on things.

She claimed to have heard a rumor her landlord was allowing her original rental, still without power, to be used as a "crash pad" where people would take drugs.

In September, she moved back in and found that her clothes were missing, along with children's'shoes, an Xbox 360 and a Blu-ray player.

The victim claimed she first tried to resolve the issue with her landlord in an effort to recover her allegedly missing items. However, when speaking with the officer, she said she called OPD after the landlord stopped answering her calls.

The officer spoke with neighbors who confirmed females frequently coming and going from the residence while it was "vacant."

The matter is under investigation, according to OPD.

Stop: In the name of love (of stop signs)

Around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, an officer was stopped at the intersection of Spring and Main Streets when she saw a female in a deep embrace with a stop sigpost across the intersection.

The female lingered for several seconds with her arms wrapped around the pole as she rested her head against it. She then pulled herself away and began stumbling eastward down Spring Street before losing her balance and catching herself with her hands, OPD said.

The officer approached the female to ask if she was alright. The girl answered with slurred speech that she was fine, according to OPD. The officer grabbed the female's arm to keep her upright.

The officer was completely unable to understand the female's response to where she lived. When asked for her ID, the female reached into her already open purse and said, "Didn't know!"

The officer looked in the female's purse, which was completely empty, and looked back at the girl questioningly. The girl just shrugged her shoulders.

The officer could make out the girl's first name, but could not understand her surname, as her speech was so slurred. She said she was 20 years old and was taken to the station.

Despite a lack of ID, officers were able to identify the girl as a Miami student, according to OPD.

The officer then asked the female, who was wearing a Brick Street bar wristband, if that was where she had been that night, which the suspect confirmed.

The female was cited for sales to and use by underage persons and disorderly conduct. She was poured into the custody of a sober friend.

By Staff