By Staff
On May 5, 2014

Intoxicated female cannot remember her age

At 1:52 a.m. Friday, an OPD officer observed a female spewing vomit into a trashcan outside Brick Street, 36 E. High St. The officer approached the puking sophomore, her head buried in the trashcan, as a friend held back her hair.

The officer said the female was unsteady on her feet and smelled of alcohol. When asked her age, the suspect, wearing a bar wristband, said through slurred speech she was 21. The officer asked to see her ID, and she said she didn't have any. The officer saw the female carried a wallet and noticed it contained a driver's license. The officer retrieved it and again asked the female her age. She then said she was 18. She was 19, according to OPD.

The suspect was arrested and charged with sales to and use by underage persons and disorderly conduct. She was released to a friend.

King found unconscious on porcelain throne

At 12:22 a.m. Saturday, Brick Street, 36 E. High St., employees called OPD in reference to a male passed out in the restroom.

The suspect was found slumped over on a toilet, unconscious and reeking of alcohol. Like Egyptian doorframes, the suspect's hands bore telltale marks. Officers said it appeared as if the suspect had attempted to rub off the underage marks. Such attempts were unsuccessful.

As attempts to wake the suspect were equally unsuccessful, officers called the Oxford Life Squad. While inspecting his limp body, officers found a fictitious ID on the male. His real license identified him as 19 years old.

The suspect was charged with sales to and use by underage persons, certain acts prohibited and disorderly conduct.

Mac & Joe's: "You break it; you buy it," even toilets

At 4:16 p.m. Saturday, OPD responded to Mac & Joe's, 21 E. High St., to investigate a complaint of property damage in progress. Bar employees were detaining a senior male, whose front was thoroughly soaked when police arrived. However, police initially noticed bar employees sweeping large amounts of water out of a door into the alley.

The noticeably intoxicated suspect had entered the establishment with two females, also significantly intoxicated, according to OPD. Shortly after, a loud noise was heard from the second level men's bathroom. When employees investigated the bang, they found the suspect standing in the restroom, soaking wet, as water shot from a recently exposed water pipe, hitting the opposite wall.

The water pipe had been attached to the urinal. The male initially denied causing the damage, then emphatically repeated that he would pay for it, OPD said. According to bar owners, the water leaked through the first floor ceiling and down a wall onto which were mounted three brand-new flat screen TVs.

The suspect was charged with vandalism and transferred to Butler County Jail. According to OPD, he will have to pay restitution for damage caused to the walls, first-floor ceiling and possibly three new televisions recently purchased by the establishment.

By Staff