Miami faces sixth student death since January 2013
Miami University sophomore Andrew Dalton Salsman died unexpectedly Dec. 16, according to a statement released by Interim Dean of Students Mike Curme. His passing marks the sixth student death since January 2013.
Curme said Salsman's mother informed Miami of her son's death, which occurred off campus.
A physics and mathematics major, Salsman worked as a research assistant at Miami after receiving a physics department scholarship.
His memorial was held on Dec. 28 at Life Church Cincy, 270 Northland Blvd., Springdale, Ohio.
Donations can be made to the Andrew Dalton Salsman Memorial Fund through any PNC bank branch. The money raised will be used to provide scholarships for high school students pursuing the sciences.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy
- AARP Offers Tools for Caregivers
- Getting the Best Price for Your House to Help Finance...
- Why Purchase a Fishing License?