VP Jones among finalists for IU chancellor job
Indiana University (IU) has named current Miami University Vice President of Student Affairs, Barbara Jones, a finalist for a chancellor position at its branch campuses in Richmond and South Bend.
According to a resume released by IU, Jones has served at Miami since Aug. 2008. Among other positions, she was the assistant chancellor of student affairs at the University of Wisconsin from 2000 to 2008.
In an article posted by The Cincinnati Enquirer, the chancellor position is equivalent to CEO of each campus. Jones is among three described as the finalists at IU's Richmond branch, and three more at IU's South Bend campus.
Jones said, at this point in time, nothing is set in stone.
"They will probably know in the next two to four weeks what they're going to do, and at this point it's kind of like sorority rush, it's a mutual selection process," Jones said. "It's an opportunity for me to look at them, and them to look at me."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit