Tech Tip | IT Happenings
Niihka outage scheduled for Feb. 10
Niihka will experience a service outage on Sunday, Feb. 10 between 5:00 and 6:00 am. The outage is required to install a number of minor updates and make adjustments to Niihka's settings. Please be sure to log off Niihka prior to Sunday at 5:00 am as any unsaved changes will be lost without warning.
Important Student Google Apps Update Information
On Wednesday, Feb. 13, some Google apps (email, Contacts) will be turned off in the @muohio.edu domain. This means you will no longer have access to any old email messages. If you have data there that has not already been migrated, please move what you want to keep to your @MiamiOH.edu domain. Although this data was migrated for you, you may want to review to make sure nothing has changed since the migration (i.e., adding a contact). Drive, Calendar and Talk will remain active to allow for the continued use of Google+.
Second, by no later than March 11, 2013 you must move any other data for the rest of your Google Apps from the @muohio.edu domain to your MiamiOH.edu account. These apps include, but are not limited to:
- Picasa Web albums
- Google Sites
- Google Blogs
- Google Analytics
Instructions for how you can move your data are available athttps://sites.google.com/a/miamioh.edu/go-google/migration-of-non-core-google-apps-account-data. All data must be moved to your uniqueID@MiamiOH.edu account no later than March 11, 2013. All services within the @muohio.edu domain will be shut-off at that point, and you will no longer have access to that data.
Student Technology Fee Call for Proposals
A pool of funds from the Student Technology Fee is available to stimulate the development of innovative student-focused technology projects on the Oxford campus. A total of $525,000 is available and any student, faculty or staff member may apply for funding. The funds will be awarded through a competitive process that is governed by a review team comprised of students, faculty and staff members from across the campus.
The deadline for proposals is Friday, February 8, 2013. Funds awarded will be for projects in the 2013-2014 school year.
For more information about the Student Tech Fee competitive funding process, including the proposal form, the complete guidelines and lists of past years' funded proposals, please visithttp://www.muohio.edu/techfee.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?