Video | Group runs half naked for renewable energy
Running across campus half naked is one way to attract attention, and that's precisely what one student group did Thursday, March 31.
Beyond Coal, a student organization committed to renewable energy and to end Miami University's use of coal, ran from Peabody Hall to Cook Field in a 'race to renew.'
Sierra Student Coalition's Todd Zimmer was invited to Miami to help in Beyond Coal's efforts. The Sierra Student Coalition is a national organization that has partnered with Beyond Coal. The goal is to have an end date for using coal at Miami in the finalized version of the Campus Sustainability Plan that President David Hodge said would be completed before the end of spring semester.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest