Police Beat (04/18/14)
Student's bank account is spring broken into
He received from his bank a notice of withdrawal originating in San Antonio, Texas, despite the fact he had never been there.
The victim said his account information may have been stolen over spring break, during which time he was in Mexico with a group of friends. He also said several other people on the trip had experienced similar issues with their bank accounts. There are no leads or suspects at this time.
'Well, I do de'chair' you are under arrest'
At 2:25 a.m. Thursday, an OPD officer was travelling southbound on Campus Avenue when he noticed two males walking down the sidewalk carrying a red chair.
The officer pulled up to the duo and stopped and the male carrying the chair. The male dropped the chair like it was hot and scrammed.
The officer began pursuing the male on foot and his partner also ran. A short chase ensued. The male was apprehended at the intersection of Main Street and Central Avenue and promptly arrested.
He was taken to the station and charged with obstructing official business and taken to Butler County Jail.
The fraternity from which the chair was stolen has not said whether they will be pressing charges.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy
- AARP Offers Tools for Caregivers
- Getting the Best Price for Your House to Help Finance...
- Why Purchase a Fishing License?