Police Beat (09/21/12)
Police respond to 7 reports of vandalism
Between 4 a.m.-6 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 16, seven very similar incidents of criminal mischief were reported to The Oxford Police Department. All seven of the cases occurred early Sunday morning in the same area. According to OPD, four mailboxes were tampered with on East Sycamore Street. Also on East Sycamore, a City of Oxford street sign was found sticking out of the rear window of a 2004 Infinity. A rock was thrown through the front window of a residence on Church Street, causing the glass to break, and two driver's side mirrors were broken off of cars, one parked near University Avenue and one on East Sycamore Street. In one case, Nicholas Rogerson of North Ridgeville, Ohio, was charged with Criminal Mischief after he ripped a mailbox from the ground and threw it on top of the victim's car, which was parked in her driveway at the time, according to OPD.
Police use security tapes to identify two suspects
Monday Sept. 17, an officer met with the property manager of 9 W. High St. concerning a damaged fence. The property manager said to the officer that the fence on the rear courtyard had been damaged on Saturday. He then showed the officer the security footage, from which the officer was able to identify the suspects. Junior Zachary C. Stevens and first-year Lina Anderson were called to OPD where they spoke with the officer and were eventually charged with Criminal Mischief, according to OPD.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age