Tennis Hosts MAC Tournament
The Miami Univeristy tennis team, winners of its last five matches, hosts the Mid-American Championships this weekend at the Hebpurn Varsity Tennis Courts. The tournament starts 10 a.m. Friday, but Miami won't begin play until 10 a.m. Saturday.
The RedHawks won their sixth straight MAC regular season title, giving them the No. 1 seed and a first round bye. The RedHawks will face the winner of No. 4 seed University at Buffalo and No. 5 seed University of Toledo. Miami lost to Buffalo 5-2 April 4, which marks the RedHawks most recent loss. Miami swept Toledo 7-0 April 12.
If the RedHawks win, they will play in the Championship match noon Sunday. The winner of that match gets a berth in the NCAA Tournament.
Several RedHawks took home MAC awards for their efforts in the regular season. Head Coach Anca Dumitrescu was named MAC Coach of the Year and senior Nimisha Mohan was named first-team all-MAC. Freshman Andreea Badileanu was named MAC Freshman of the Year and garnered second-team all-MAC.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit