Police Beat (11/16/12)
DKE suspects out of town brothers steal license plates
Monday around 12:39 p.m., an OPD officer was dispatched to 325 E. Sycamore St. to the Delta Kappa Epsilon (DKE) fraternity house, according to OPD. The two members reported the rear license plates had been stolen from their cars Saturday evening from their private parking lot. The members said their fraternity had hosted DKE brothers from Syracuse this past weekend. They said the visitors had stolen a DKE flag, two picture frames were missing, and the visitors had vandalized two other houses.
Male student's debit card stolen Uptown
Tuesday around 2:30 p.m., a Miami student met with an Oxford Police officer in reference to his stolen wallet, according to OPD. He said he was walking in the Uptown area around midnight and had his wallet with him. When he returned to his residence hall he realized his wallet was missing. He then found out his debit card had been used in the area for around $500 of purchases. He checked with his bank, which informed him the card had been attempted on two separate occasions to get cash from an ATM machine. The card has since been canceled.
Woman reports car keyed in parking lot
Tuesday 9:20 p.m., a woman from Easton reported that her car was keyed in the McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital employee parking lot, according to OPD.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy
- AARP Offers Tools for Caregivers
- Getting the Best Price for Your House to Help Finance...
- Why Purchase a Fishing License?
- Take Ownership of Your Vacation Time
- Canada Opens Floodgates for Marijuana Investments in the...
- A Playbook to Help the U.S. Regain Its Innovative Edge