By Staff
On December 6, 2013

Young girl holds séance, claims to be possessed

Wednesday evening, OPD officers responded to Ambassador Point Baptist Church, 5450 College Corner Pike, to assist the Oxford Life Squad with a juvenile female. The girl was clinging to her own neck, and appeared to have trouble breathing.

Upon arrival, officers were flagged down by bystanders and directed to two females, both of whom were crying. A male bystander said one of the females had punched him, OPD said.

As the officer approached the girl, she clenched her fists and screamed at the officer she was not going to jail, according to OPD. The officer grabbed both of her arms, spoke to her and attempted to calm her down. There was a momentary lull in her hysteria before she lunged and attempted to punch the officer. With the help of another officer, the girl was handcuffed and placed in the cruiser.

Officers were told that the juvenile was 12, and suffered from PTSD, which caused her to lose control of her emotions. The other female was distraught her friend needed help and no one would help her. She told the officers the girl was possessed by demons, but was fine now.

The officer asked if she had taken any narcotics, and she said she had only taken an iron pill. She stated she was 14 and asked to call her mother. When contacted by officers, the mother said she was afraid her daughter may have taken illegal drugs and asked she be taken to a hospital, according to OPD.

The mother told OPD her daughter had held a séance after school, during which a demon possessed her body. The suspect then told the officers the demons had made her run around a field and roll on the ground while screaming curses. She said she remembered nothing at the church.

Another woman arrived on scene and told officers the suspect and her friend had been at her home for dinner that night. She took them to church, and went inside before them. She then stepped outside and found one girl crying and the other running around frantically, cursing. When the girl was told police were coming, she stopped her manic behavior and said she was fine, and not to call her mother. She then sprung, and punched the man in his stomach.

At the hospital, the girl told a nurse she was mentally abused by her mother. She warned officers that her mother, en route to the hospital, could be violent. She told officers she cut her wrists and her mother refused her therapy, OPD said.

Her mother, when she arrived, told officers her daughter was a compulsive liar, and that she had arranged counseling for her. The daughter then admitted her entire episode was an act and that she had lied. She tested negative for narcotics and was released.

By Staff