By Staff

Bar reports ‘gay pride' flag stolen

At 6:15 p.m. Friday, a male Miami University junior reported to police the gay pride flag handing outside Stadium Bar had been stolen.

The male reportedly said he hung it up around 3:45 p.m. in preparation for the charity drag show and when he returned at 5:45 p.m., it was gone.

The flag was reportedly nailed and duct taped to the exterior of the building, hanging just to the right of the entry doors. There are no suspects, according to police.

Father and son share time in cell

At around 2:30 a.m. Saturday, officers responded to a large disturbance near East Park Place where a 52-year-old man later identified as Charles S. Marck said he was ‘just breaking up a fight.'

Officers reportedly saw Marck try to cross back towards the growing crowd after telling people to leave. A younger male identified as 21-year-old Miami University senior Charles J. Marck came up to his father and talked to him, police said.

Marck, Sr. ripped his arm away, ignoring his son who was trying to help, according to police. Officers told the father he was under arrest and Marck, Sr. insisted he was not.

The son reportedly tried to pull his father away from the officer and a second officer grabbed the son. Both individuals were arrested, according to police.

The father reportedly refused to walk to the cruiser, dragged his feet and had to be carried. In the holding cell, the father reportedly continued to be belligerent and uncooperative while the son was trying to calm him down.

The father reportedly asked the police if they "had an agenda" and said they "must be democrats." The father reportedly continued to be uncooperative, refusing to answer when officers asked for his address and then admitted he drank excessively, but was not driving.

The father reportedly said he wanted to talk to his lawyer and struggled with officers before going into a cell, according to police. The son was brought out and was very apologetic, adding he didn't know his father was being arrested and he didn't mean to interfere, according to police.

Marck, Sr. reportedly said the officer was ruining his own life and threatened the police department. After speaking with his attorney, the Marck, Sr. signed his citations for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest and was released the same morning, police said.

First-year receives citation for pink drink

During a bar check at Stadium Bar around 1:15 a.m. Friday, officers reportedly noticed a young female carrying a clear cup with pink liquid inside.

The young female, who was later identified as 19-year old Miami University first-year Kaitlin Kromer, was reportedly not wearing a wristband and appeared to have washed X's off her hands. Kromer saw the officers and tried to walk away, according to police.

Officers determined Kromer was holding a mixed alcoholic drink that she said she was holding for someone else.

Kromer was taken into custody and walked to OPD where she reportedly denied being intoxicated, but admitted to taking sips from a beer. Kromer was cited for underage drinking.

By Staff