Two country music up-and-comers film new music video at Brick Street

By Kaila Frisone
On May 2, 2014

While at first glance, Oxford may not appear to be a hot destination for musicians, Brick Street Bar and Grill brings in several artists for concerts each year. However, Wednesday night the popular bar debuted its first music videos.

Country artists Clayton Anderson and opening act Drew Baldridge hit Brick Street's stage Wednesday night to entertain Miami students and community members with some of their own songs and covers. Throughout the concert, Brick Street's video crew filmed the performances and crowd members dancing along.

On Tuesday, Clayton Anderson filmed a music video to his new song "Doin' What You're Doin'" at an off campus student residence. Several students were invited to be a part of the shoot that afternoon.

"I've always wanted to be in a music video," sophomore Chole Smith said. "I love dancing and I love country music, so when you put them all together it's great!"

Anderson said they could not have gotten any luckier with the weather and the group of people who participated. He was excited when Mark Weisman, co-owner of Brick Street, offered to film the music video for them.

"We do a lot in Indiana," Anderson said. "I love this college town and we have a lot of friends here so we said, 'Why not? Let's do one somewhere else!'"

Weisman chooses up and coming artists to perform at Brick Street because he wants to help them break into the marketplace. Brick Street recently invested nearly $50,000 in video equipment for filming concerts and music videos for the performers.

"We want to give them the opportunity to build a fan base here by getting them in front of Miami students and winning them over," Weisman said. "We've done it with Luke Bryan, Cole Swindell and several other now top charting artists."

Drew Baldridge is also trying to make it big in the country sphere. He opened for Cole Swindell in the fall semester and said he is excited to be back in Oxford.

"Brick Street was just awesome, Baldridge said. "When we hit stage, it was the loudest crowd I've ever heard. I couldn't even hear myself on stage."

Baldridge also filmed a music video in town on Thursday in which students would be featured.

"We've gained some really solid fans here and we're excited to play for them again," Baldridge said Wednesday night before the concert.