By Staff

Man confuses wall for Pinata, punches hole 

At 5 p.m. Saturday, an OPD officer responded to the 200 block of E. Church St. in reference to an intoxicated male who allegedly caused damage to mexican restaurant La Piñata.

When the officer arrived, he met with a La Piñata manager and a female staff member who were both standing with the subject. Another officer arrived on the scene and stayed with the male subject while the other officer went inside to see the damage.

He was escorted to the men's room where he saw a hole in the wall adjacent to the mirror above the restroom sink. The manager said the hole was not there before they had opened that day. The female employee said she was near the bar adjacent to the restrooms when she heard a loud bang coming from inside.

Immediately after the noise, the employee said four males exited the restroom. One said, "Did you see the hole he punched in the wall?" They were huddling around a male in a red sweatshirt.

The officer then exited the restaurant and asked the male if he had punched the wall, which he denied. The officer observed a fresh scratch on the knuckles on male's right hand.

When asked if he had consumed any alcoholic drinks, he said he had seven. The male was arrested and taken to OPD where his age of 19 was confirmed and he was issued citations for criminal damaging and sale to and use by underage persons. He was taken to Butler County Jail.

Beer-hurling man takes out angst on bouncer

At 2 a.m. Saturday, an OPD officer on patrol observed a disturbance in the alley just east of 17 N. Poplar St., The Wood's Bar. According to OPD, the officer observed an altercation between a male and a member of the Woods Bar Staff.

The officer approached the pair, identified himself and separated the two parties. He took the male and placed him in the back of the cruiser. When he asked the Wood's staff what had happened, they said the male was denied entry when he tried to enter the bar after it had closed.

According to the employee, the suspect picked up a beer bottle and hurled it at the bouncers who denied him entry.

At the station, the male admitted to throwing the bottle, but said he aimed for their feet. The male said he wasn't mad at the bouncers; rather, he was just upset in general. He said he wasn't trying to hurt anyone, and he just threw it out of anger. The male was charged with assault and taken back to his residence.

Wanted woman tells cop exactly where she is

Around 6:30 p.m. Thursday, OPD arrived in the 5000 block of College Corner Pike to assist Oxford Life Squad in response to a 911 call from a female who discovered her boyfriend passed out on the floor of their apartment.

When OPD ran the female's name through the dispatch, it appeared she had a warrant out from the Monroe Police Department. A second male said he and the passed-out male had smoked marijuana and the unconscious man had also taken his medication.

Nothing illegal was recovered. The Oxford Fire Department was successful in reviving the passed-out male who, once awake, refused further treatment. A scale was confiscated from the residence and the female was taken to the Monroe Police Department.

By Staff