Donors give $500 million
The Miami University Campaign for Love and Honor has announced a record total of $535,610,796 from contributions of more than 105,000 donors.
According to a Miami University press release, the campaign, considered the most lucrative in Miami University history, surpassed its goal of $500 million in July. President David Hodge said is urging those in the Miami community to appreciate the donors who made the campaign possible, as their generosity is paving the way for Miami's success into the future.
"It is natural to focus on the numbers, but the real impact of the campaign is what we are doing and what we will be able to do thanks to the forward-looking generosity of our donors," Hodge said in the press release. "The greatest significance of what we have accomplished is only beginning to be counted-in generations of student dreams realized, lives empowered, innovation unleashed and in so many promising 'Days to Be.'"
Since its launch in 2002, the campaign has funded the advancements of several academic programs on campus, including those in the Armstrong Interactive Media Studies program, Howe Writing Center and Scripps Gerontology Center. In addition, 33 faculty members have earned professorship and 586 scholarship endowments have been instated.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age