Police Beat (08/28/12)
Male threatens Oxford officer with penis
Around 2:20 a.m. Sunday, an Oxford Police officer observed a male subject urinating in an alleyway near Poplar and High Street. The officer got out of the cruiser and told the subject, later identified as sophomore Craig McIntire, to stop and zip his pants up. McIntire ignored the officer and continued to urinate. The officer said he was swaying back and forth while urinating. Once he finished he immediately took off running until falling face first in front of StadiUm Sports Bar & Grille, scraping his forearms. McIntire struggled with the officer before being handcuffed and taken to OPD. Officers reported McIntire as being heavily intoxicated, unsteady on his feet and uncooperative. After being processed and charged he was taken to Butler County Jail. During the ride there he told the officer to pull over so he could slap him across the face with his penis. McIntire was charged with resisting arrest, obstructing official business and public intoxication.
Police find intoxicated female outside CJ's bar
At approximately 2:00 a.m. Saturday, officers were dispatched to CJ's bar in response to a call reporting a heavily intoxicated female at the entrance to the bar. The caller said the female was having a hard time walking. When officers arrived they found first year Jacalyne Diop sitting on the steps of the entrance to CJ's. The female explained that she was out celebrating her 21 birthday. However, upon further investigation the officers found she was 19 years old. She was taken into custody and charged with underage drinking, disorderly conduct, and public intoxication.
Fire department puts out fire in a parking lot
Around 1:50 a.m. Friday morning, officers were dispatched to a small fire by a dumpster in the parking lot on 313 N. College Ave. Once officers arrived on the scene, officers discovered a couch on fire. The fire department was able to extinguish the couch. At this time, the owner of the couch is unknown and there are no suspects.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Miami Student News Articles
Recent The Miami Student News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MIAMI STUDENT NEWS
- President Hodge, others celebrate Miami Merger with Chinese wedding reenactment
- Art opens seniors' minds
- 'Documented:' A personal story powerfully told
- Roxford music fest rocks Uptown Park
- Summer at the cinema: Must-see movies
- WARNING: This university may contain traces of gluten
- Scholarships abound, students achieve
RECENT THE MIAMI STUDENT CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...